Cross-platform networing library and application suite.
Cross-platform multi-tasking library.
Cross-platform smartcard explorer.
Cross platfom SIM card explorer.
Windows packet driver emulation for DOS programs.
Windows sound card emulation for DOS programs.
Windows network packet filter / firewall.
11th April '12
16th December '11
1st December '11
22nd Apr '11
- SwsSock version 2.0.13.
Httpd - Fix a bug with HEAD requests not closing the connection until idle timeout.
Ftpd - Fix a bug in passive connections hanging in accept.
Close & re-use oldest connection if all connections in use.
Limit directory name lengths.
Add more log output.
Smtpd - Limit login attempts and lockout abusive IP addresses.
Updated WatcomC makefiles and MSVC projects.
1st Feb '11
New build system and Windows installer.
- SwsSock version 2.0.12.
Ftpd - Limit login attempts and lockout abusive clients.
Smtpd - Improved spam mail detection.
15th Nov '10
29th Aug '10
- SwsSock version 2.0.11.
- Httpd - security fix for unexpected disconnect.
- Smtpd - improved spam rejection options.
- NEW Swsinfo app prints stack configuration to stdout.
16th July '10
- SwsSock version 2.0.10. This is largely a maintenance release.
- Httpd - security fix for alias expansion.
- Popd and smtpd bug fixes.
- Loganaly - Add -s option for simpler pattern matching.
- NEW Nova-S-Plus audio patch for Linux kernel 2.6.35.
13th March '10
- SwsSock version 2.0.9
- NEW popd adds plain, login and cram-md5 authentication methods.
- Inetd adds -c 'config file' and -p pid, command line options.
Logrotate now uses sighup, meaning less down time.
Daemon mode now built by default with support for group id's.
- Httpd - bugfix for idle timeout.
Security fix for CGI paths with spaces.
- All log output of response codes >= 400 is now at warning level.
- Realip - bugfix for -r mode.
- NEW Library modules: MD5, base64, wild card string compare and RFC822 time & date.
- NEW Nova-S-Plus audio patch for Linux kernel 2.6.34.
5th March '10
- SwsSock version 2.0.8
- NEW Httpd support for PHP (php-cgi).
- NEW Httpd restricted realms for CGI.
- Inetd. Security fix to correctly drop root groups membership.
Catch SIGHUP to re-open logfile, to support Linux log-rotate
- Recvmail & sendmail. apps extended to support scripting for webmail.
- NEW Listings of download directories using CGI.
- Simutil version 1.0.1 adds interactive edit mode.
- NEW SoundFX registry key to disable the 3 minute evaluation time limit.
22nd February '10
- SwsSock version 2.0.7. This is largely a maintenance release.
- Popd fix a potential crash during unexpected disconnects.
Add config file setting for max authenication attempts.
- Smtpd fix a potential crash when validating mails from localhost.
Add config file setting for banned-senders, mail-names, dynamic-names and static-names.
- Http CGI minor bug fixes.
- Recvmail add commands to support CGI webmail client.
5th February '10
- New Tools page providing About you, DNS, Ping and Whois based on
the SwsSock apps.
- SwsSock version 2.0.6.
- CGI compatibility for the apps dns, ping and whois
- Loganaly Add error and warn filters
- Httpd Bug fix CGI directory handling.
29th January '10
- SwsSock version 2.0.5.
- Httpd v2.1.2
- New URI alias list with wildcards.
- Improved common authentication system allows each 'realm' to have its own folder.
- New user specified MIME types.
- Bug fix CGI ( Windows/DOS environment variables).
- Ftpd v1.0.5 - Added 'x' user permission giving 'cwd' rights
- Smtpd v1.0.5 - Added option for a call-out to a script to verify mail
contents paving the way for spam & virus filtering.
- Telnetd v2.0.4 - Add IP address restriction to accounts.
- Loganaly More stats and filters.
- SWS_CfgSetName parses the ini file and sets up a section cache giving much
reduced library startup time.
18th January '10
- SwsSock version 2.0.4.
Common authentication model for all modules giving reduced code size and
Configuration options cache for better performance.
Simplified task definition.
Fixed a race condition during daemon startup.
- Log analyser: Added stats for HTTP user-agent, platform and referrer.
- Sendmail: Better diagnostics if mail server login fails.
- Smtpd: Configuration options cache for better performance.
- Build scripts updated.
11th January '10
- SwsSock version 2.0.3.
URI redirection list now uses faster binary search;
more detailed logging;
proxy now supports an IP blacklist and content compression;
CGI redirection bugs fixed.
- Log analyser now reports top HTTP URIs.
- Website is now HTML5/CSS2.1 compatible.
7th January '10
- SwsSock version 2.0.2.
Minor tweaks to httpd to improve proxy performance and logging.
Updated log analyser to track changes in httpd log output.
- Minor tweaks to the website design.
6th January '10
- SoundFX is now open source.
- SwsSock version 2.0.1. The httpd application provides performance
enhancements for CGI, simpler website layout, increased security for
put and delete methods and improved logging.
4th January '10
- A totally re-designed website.
- A new web server using our own inetd daemon from the SwsSock application
suite running on Kubuntu 9.10 and a custom Linux 2.6.32 kernel for a Power-Mac G3.
- SwsSock: TCP/IP comms stack version 2.0.0, now fully open sourced.
- Many new SwsSock applications including
FTP client, FTP server,
log file analyser,
multicast ping client/server,
POP3 client & server,
realIP (external IP address detection),
SMTP server with SASL authorisation and spam rejection rules,
universal plug'n'play client
- Upgraded inetd and httpd server including modules for CGI, HTTP proxy and
- SwsVpkt: Virtual packet driver for Windows, version 18.104.22.168 now fully open
- SwsMtc: C/C++ multithreading library version 1.5.0 features Linux and POSIX
compatibility and many performance improvements.
- ScUtil: New ISO 7816 smart-card Swiss army knife.
- SimUtil: New phone SIM card address book utility.
- Linux kernel patch for the Hauppauge's
digital satellite receiver card to enable external audio input with ALSA mixer control.