SoundFX 2000 is THE sound card emulator for DOS programs running on Windows XP,
2000 and NT4. As delivered, these systems provide a DOS emulation
for running 16 and 32 bit protected mode programs but due to the security model,
direct peripheral access is denied. Most DOS multimedia titles (games) provide
sound by directly accessing the sound card and as a result although many can be
run under Windows, until now none have been able to produce sound and hence lose
a great deal of playability.
SoundFX provides a complete emulation of a SoundBlaster 16 card and hence
enables old favourites such as Doom (1 & 2), Heretic, Duke Nukem
(2 & 3D) etc to be run with sound under Windows XP, 2000 & NT4.
- Complete software emulation of the Adlib FM synthesiser.
Ideal for sound cards like the SBLive which don't have FM synthesiser hardware,
restoring music to many DOS games.
- Now uses DirectSound features for even lower overhead and better digitised effects.
- MPU401/Roland emulation provides general MIDI music for best quality and
lowest overhead. Now supports MIDI input for music composition software.
- Support for a standard games port providing 4 analogue & 4 digital
inputs. Ideal for flight sims requiring yoke, throttle, rudder pedals and
- Complete SoundBlaster, 2, Pro, 16, AWE32 emulation for wave effects.
- Extensive online help for installation and use.
New! Registry key to disable
the 3 minute time limit of the evaluation version.
Save this small text file to the desktop and double-click it to install.
SoundFX is now open source. It may be freely used by any individual for
personal or private use or for their business without any restriction or charge.
Companies, organisations or governments may not use it without a license.
In no case may SoundFX be used to deprive anyone of life, liberty or livelihood.
In line with our policy on Windows products,
SoundFX will no longer be developed or supported by Software Systems.